Campus Cruiser Email
Professional Development Hours: No
In response to faculty concerns regarding mailbox size in Campus Cruiser, OIT and Instructional Technology worked together to arrive at a solution to help faculty and staff more effectively manage their Campus Cruiser email. Now, faculty and staff now have the ability to choose how they want their email handled in Campus Cruiser. Three options are available. These options are defined below along with the implications of each option.
- No forwarding
- All email received in Campus Cruiser will remain in your Campus Cruiser mailbox
- This option retains all emails in Campus Cruiser, and therefore, you must log into Campus Cruiser on a routine basis to check for any email from students or committee members. Due to the limited size of campus Cruiser mailboxes, faculty and staff selecting this option will need to manage their mailbox by deleting any emails not needed for retention.
Store and Forward
- All email received in Campus Cruiser is automatically forwarded to your HCC Outlook account
- There will be no record of email received in Campus Cruiser. Faculty and staff may want to choose this option if they do not normally use Campus Cruiser for instructional or work related activities.
- All email is forwarded to your HCC Outlook account, and a copy is retained in Campus Cruiser (the current default for faculty and staff)
- This option provides faculty and staff to receive their Campus Cruiser emails both through their chosen email client (preferably HCC outlook) and their Campus Cruiser account. This option require individuals to manage their Campus Cruiser mailboxes and clean them out periodically. For heavy users of Campus Cruisers, this option may become difficult to manage as their will be duplicates of every email received in Campus Cruiser.